Many people think that sending physical snail mail is dead and that is not true at all. It’s never been easier to win at snail mail because internet marketing is so oversaturated. Nowadays, most companies try to reach their audience efficiently and competently. Emails have somehow lost their reliability. In addition, it is very difficult to contact people on the phone. More than ever, it’s up to marketers to get results with limited resources, tight budgets, and overloaded audiences. But the truth is that not all direct mail campaigns produce similar results. A well-planned and thoughtfully executed campaign can dramatically increase sales.
First, you should know what type of mail is right for you: First Class or USPS Marketing. Well, first-class mail is the best choice for beginners. It’s a more unique marketing mailer than USPS, and there’s no minimum number of pieces of mail you can send. But when you’re ready to start bulking up. Then USPS marketing mail is the best choice.
In this article, we will define what is direct mail. How to set up effective direct mail advertising and how it can support your business?
What is Direct Mail?
Direct Mail advertising is a form of advertising in which the advertiser sends personal messages in written form by mail to some selected people. Since the method addresses people directly, it is called direct mail advertising.
Advertising mail, junk mail, mailbox, mailshot, or admail are some other names for direct mail.
Why Should You Consider Direct Mail?
There are many reasons to prefer direct mail for advertising. First, there is less competition in direct mail. There is a 90 percent chance that people will read direct mail. Secondly, it is more expensive, you can consider this point as a negative, but it is a very powerful form of advertising. The more money a person spends to get to you, the more importance they place on them. Be sure that if you invest more in your marketing, the chances of success will also increase. Direct mail is the most formal form of advertising that, unlike digital marketing, invites recipients to open it without fear of cramping. Only 22% of people trust emails from brands or companies. So, there is very little chance that they will open it. On the contrary, 90% of people trust direct mail.
Some points to improve your direct mail response rate:
Fortunately, there are some simple strategies you can use to harness the power of digital marketing and enjoy more solid results:
- First, a targeted mailing list should be focused on. There are many ways to improve your target mailing list. You can defer your customers so you don’t invite people who already know your business. This is an important point to increase the response of direct mail marketing.
- There should be a clear bold heading about the services you offer. Additionally, you should never make your company name a headline. This will help direct mail recipients learn about the offer without having to read the entire document.
- Direct mail should not be sent as letters in an envelope, look like an insurance company or an account. Instead, it should be sent in bright and fluorescent packaging. Attractive logo designs can have a huge positive impact on direct mail in the mind of the recipient.
- Improve your offer to increase the attention of recipients. The offer is very important. We want free things like free google and free Wi-Fi at Starbucks. We get so many things for free. Now we are a generation of entitlement where we just expect everything to be free and you should give it to me because I want it. So, an amazing offer can double the direct mail advertising response rate.
- Create interest before the recipient opens your direct mail envelopes. Getting potential customers to open your direct mail and read your marketing message is half the battle. Consider including a compelling graphic on your envelopes to grab the recipient’s attention and make them want to find out more.
- Use visually appealing graphics in your direct mail letters to maintain interest. Ideally, you should opt for full-color graphics to maximize visual impact. You can also use graphics to emphasize important points for your recipients to remember. Colored bullets, arrows, and call-to-action boxes can all influence your marketing message and make it more likely that your recipients will contact you.
Direct mail advertising is the most trusted form of marketing without cramps. The key to success in B2B direct mail advertising and marketing is customer interaction. Above, we discussed a wide variety of tactics to increase responses to direct mail ads. By following these points, you can increase the response of your clients.